Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Pathfinder; ATHF

Pathfinder (Marcus Nispel, 2007) - F

Hey, remember when I put the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake on my top ten list? That was awesome.


Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters (Dave Willis & Matt Maiellaro, 2007) - B-

The only movie I have ever seen where a line like "Daddy, you've grown up to be a beautiful woman!" can sort of just vanish into the ether rather than stopping the show. I had never seen an entire episode of the series, but warnings prepared me for the weirdness, and I must admit I kind of dug it: it's utterly, unapologetically inexplicable, which is kind of refreshing, although its best moments aren't really the aggressively weird ones. I loved the title cards, which declare that we're in Egypt, a long time ago, before announcing that we're in 2004 and in New York, and of course the heavy metal take on movie theaters' idiotic pre-feature jingle reels is some sort of brilliant. Nearly ninety minutes of this is more than I bargained for, but I definitely appreciate that this movie exists, if you get me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked ATHF. I'm actually surprised you even bothered with ther film.

Sucks about Pathfinder. I was actually sort of looking forward to it.