Tuesday, August 21, 2007

End-of-Summer Poll

Meme going around...

Summer wrap up poll time. Give me your choice for...


1) Best movie - Sunshine
2) Worst movie - Captivity
3) Biggest creative winner - Stardust for the summer's highest difficulty:success ratio. Superbad for Jonah Hill and Michael Cera, the most inspired pairing since Lemmon and Matthau.
4) Biggest creative loser - Talk to Me for neutering Kasi Lemmons' talents.
5) Most overrated - Transformers. Yes, I know it wasn't that well-liked. The fact that it was tolerated is enough.
6) Most underrated - Spider-Man 3. Raimi took a beating for trying something new and interesting. Ang Lee endured the same with Hulk. Stay tuned for Renny Harlin remake. I'll also mention George Ratliff's Joshua here.
7) Biggest surprise - The awesomeness of Live Free or Die Hard.
8) Favorite scene - Opening assault in 28 Weeks Later.
9) Breakout star - Gotta be Seth Rogen. Fingers crossed for Michael Cera too.
10) Most unfortunate success - Transformers. Why do people keep feeding the Bay?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't see many movies this summer:

Best Movie- The Bourne Ultimatum

Worst movie- Didn't see any real bad ones but the weakest of the ones I did see would probably have to be Transformers.

Favorite scene- Anton Ego's flashback toward the end of Ratatouille

Breakout star- Rogen

Award for being so intense that it left me and my little brother drained, depressed, and probably took a few years off of our lives- 28 Weeks Later

There's been some talk about how 28 Weeks Later didn't have any character development. I was wondering what your take on that was. I cared about the characters but the film wore me down so much that I wasn't really paying too much attention. Know what I mean?

Anonymous said...

Forgot to leave my name on that last comment.